Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reginald Epps, The True Miracle of Alabama: Eight-year-old Boy Sucked into Tornado... but LIVES to tell the Tale - 1st May 2011

He is the boy who got sucked up into a tornado – and lived to tell the tale.

Eight-year-old Reginald Epps Jr was picked up off his feet and pulled into the swirling darkness when one of the Alabama twisters tore through his home.

As his family cowered beneath him he was carried through the air some 30ft before being set down again with just cuts and bruises.

'I had just got some flashlights for me and my wife and we were all in the kitchen when we heard the wind pick up. Then the windows at the back of the house blew out, it was like they popped.

'I shouted at RJ to get up and come with us to the bedroom but when we made it in this roar started.

'I looked up and the walls and the roof came away and RJ few off with them.

'It happened in an instant, he just got sucked away from me. I tried to reach up for him but I couldn't stop him. It was like he was on a bit of string being pulled from behind.

'Then I got down on top of James whilst Danielle got on top of Joel to protect them. I got hit by flying glass and other stuff and we held on and prayed for our lives. Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment